What does it do?
This repo is for analysis on the corona virus / covid-19 that will extract the latest data and generate reports. This repo will be updated daily
- Creates a time series dataset
- Creates a daily stats dataset
- Generates a number of visualizations
- You can also filter reports for a given country
- Generates an excel report including all of the above
- List all countries affected by covid-19
- All results are saved to the output
- checkout the kanban boards to see work in progress
- You may have noticed that here are some discrepancies in the JHU data.
- These discrepancies include rows for countries missing for some sheets, misspelling of country names and countries being named differently (South Korea, Republic of Korea for example)
- I am doing my best to update the preprocessing code to fix these problems. Please be patient and I will release the newest version of covidify ASAP
pip install covidify
How to run:
$ covidify Usage: covidify [OPTIONS] COMMAND [ARGS]... ☣ COVIDIFY ☣ - use the most up-to-date data to generate reports of confirmed cases, fatalities and recoveries. Options: --help Show this message and exit. Commands: list List all the countries that have confirmed cases. run Generate reports for global cases or refine by country.
$ covidify run --help Usage: covidify run [OPTIONS] Options: --output TEXT Folder to output data and reports [Default: /Users/award40/Desktop/covidify-output/] --source TEXT There are two datasources to choose from, John Hopkins github repo or wikipedia -- options are git or wiki respectively [Default: git] --country TEXT Filter reports by a country [Default: Global cases] --help Show this message and exit.
# Will default to desktop folder # for output and github for datasource covidify run
# Specify output folder and source covidify run --output=/Users/award40/Documents/projects-folder --source=git
# Filter reports by country covidify run --country="South Korea"
# List all countries affected covidify list --countries
Visualization of data
This plots will be updated daily to visualize stats 3 attributes:
Daily Trend Line
Stacked Daily Confirmed Cases
This stacked bar chart shows a daily sum of people who are currently confirmed (red) and the number of people who have been been confirmed on that day (blue)
Daily Confirmed Cases
- The data comes from the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Cases, which is a live dataset provided by JHU CSSE.
- Data available here.
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe